Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Covelli @ Orchard Central

It has been almost half a year since I last visited Covelli, so I decided to drop by again to make use of the 50% offer.

Baby Spinach Salad, $16
Sauteed tiger prawns in garlic-devon sauce, served on a bed of baby spinach. The tiger prawns were really fresh and crunchy, but I have one gripe - why so stingy with the baby spinach? I could count the number of leaves they used for this dish! Naming it 'Tiger prawns with baby spinach' would certainly be more apt. I wouldn't mind sacrificing one prawn for more leaves...


Quarantaotto, $32
I have conflicting feelings for this dish. My parents came before and said that their beef short ribs were unbelievably good, but when I ordered it, it was disappointing, being dry and a bit tough. I am glad I gave it another chance - today's was really fantastic. Their beef short ribs were supposedly braised for 24 hours, and what you get is an extremely tender short ribs that practically melted in your mouth. 


Kurobuta Pork Belly, $28
Definitely not a dish for the health conscious. For normal pork belly, it is quite easy to separate the fat away from the meat, but for this, it was almost impossible. Not that I am complaining, actually - their fat was delicious and chewy, and didn't taste like the 'oily' type of fats. According to the menu, the pork belly was spiced with chocolate, but I couldn't taste the chocolate at all. 


Past visits:
28th May 2012
2nd May 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment